Conferences and Workshops
- Photogrammetry Workshop / Preserving Slovakian Heritage - specific workshop realized at June 2021 (1st-11th) was focused on new technologies for 3D scanning, processing and postproduction of digital data. Students of the New Media Studio (KVUaI) and the Department of Design FU TUKE could learn and use the photogrammetric software RealityCapture, which is currently one of the most progressive solution at the field. CyArk (USA) and Capturing Reality (SK) as the main partners of the project provided a co-educational program with the aim of strengthening professional communication and cultural exchange between Slovakia and the USA. The workshop was financially supported by the American Embassy in Slovakia. Project initiation: prof. MgA. Michal Murin, ArtD. Art directing and coordination: Mgr. art. Ing. Richard Kitta, ArtD. Collaboration: Bc. Peter Hric, Ing. Martin Kolčak.
- Big Bang Practice / Creative Playgrounds 2020 - The 3rd volume of the Creative Playgrounds / Media Art Symposium 2020 in the form of e-conference organized in cooperation with the Academy of Arts in Banská Bystrica and the Faculty of Arts TUKE, reflected the artistic medium in a broader context and meaning. This interdisciplinary presentation format brought individual and team art projects by 16 artists and theorists within the open source or "utopian" concept of Big Bang Practice. Authors: Anna Gromanová, Boris Vaitovič, Veronika Veverková, Stanislav Králik, Peter Špilák, Barbora Špániková, Richard Kitta, Maroš Štuler, Viktor Fuček, Martin Kolčak, Veronika Šmírová, Petra Kovalčíková, Katarína Balúnová and Martin Kudla. Project author: Mgr. art. Ing. Richard Kitta, ArtD.
Catalogue of "Creative Playgrounds / Media Art Symposium 2020":
- Robot + art - Scientific colloquium focused on exploring the possibilities of parametric creation and digital manufacturing technologies in working with new materials in the process of teaching architecture, design and fine arts.
- Creative Playgrounds / Media Art Symposium 2019 -The 2nd volume of the international event brings the experts from various artistic and technology-oriented fields. It reflected the creative potential of media art forms and interdisciplinary projects inclining towards the strategies of the creative industry. The event was organized by the New Media Studio (KVUaI) FU TUKE, in cooperation with the independent MAO platform, led by Richard Kitta, ArtD. The event was realized with the financial support of the Slovak Arts Council in 2019.
- Art education Models. from where to where? - The conference focused on the reflection of the contemporary art education at universities in Slovakia and the Czech Republic in the regional, European and international context.
- Creative Playgrounds / Media Art Symposium 2018 - International Symposium reflected the creative potential of contemporary media art presenting various interdisciplinary art projects. The goal of the event was to confront the local and global creative environment as well as to identify creative individuals and communities. The Creative Playgrounds format (as a support event for the Košice / Unesco CCOMA 2017 project) brought a playful and attractive view at the wider socio-cultural and technological sphere. The event supported by Slovak Arts Council took place on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the establishing the Faculty of Arts TUKE, in cooperation with the DIG gallery. Project was realized by Richard Kitta, ArtD. and Martin Kudla, ArtD. (New Media Studio / KVUaI FU TUKE)
- Conference GVE (Game development - Visual art - Education) - The GVE event was dedicated to the issue of game development in a cultural and social context, with special focus to visual arts and education.
- Art & Sci Conference - International Art & Sci Conference in 2016 presents the various examples of interdisciplinary thinking of today, as well as the possibility of linking the areas that are possibly incompatible at first sight. The event will show non-traditional approaches of scientists, artists and creative groups or teams that in addition to innovative concepts or strategies generate also the products of global importance. The conference is supported by the European Digital Art & Science Network project lead by Ars Electronica Festival, Linz (AT).The aim of cooperation among the DIG (Richard Kitta, Michal Murin, curators and artists), CIKE (Michal Hladký, director) and Faculty of Arts TUKE (Ján Kanócz, dean) is to create an open discussion platform focusing on contemporary issues and topics of the Creative industries.